Uberpong timed their launch party with another world first. The Red And Black Rebellion is an event created by Uberpong where players cannot play with boring, traditional red & black paddles. Instead, attendees have to play with one of Uberpong’s designer or custom ping pong paddles. In place of singles tournaments, there are two doubles tournaments – the men’s and the co-ed (we want to see some camaraderie at our events!!). Biljana Golic (BiBa), a Serbian female professional table tennis player, made a special guest appearance. In her role as honorary “Uberpong Assassin”, she beat everyone but Uberpong founder David Lowe managed to get 5 points off her before falling. Thanks to everyone who came down to Frank to make it a Sunday Funday and congrats to Cesar/Johnny for winning the men’s doubles and to Robin/Kerri for winning the co-ed doubles.
Special thanks to:
– Daniel Northcutt and the team at Frank for hosting the event.
– Ari Franklin for helping to organize a great event.
– Carl Roell (CJ) for MC’ing with so much energy and helping to setup.
– Terryl Bronson for also MC’ing like a bat out of hell.
– Christine Chen and Moth to Flame for photography, video and interviewing.
– DJ Chris Herman who spun the tunes and kept the crowd energized.
– Diana Lowe, Sara Joy-Ous, Rachael Edwards, Rachel Stanley for helping with the scorekeeping and event management.
– John Lack and Bob Sherriff for being Uberpong Assassins.